Better business writing skills
Better business writing skills – emails and letters
Main learning goals and target group
This very practical workshop-style training event covers all aspects of preparing, writing, proofing, editing and producing high-quality letters and emails. It is ideal for all staff who communicate using emails and letters, especially administration, customer service and technical staff. Available on an in-house basis. This half-day workshop also includes a Mobile App and learning cards.
- Write any document in a way that radiates competence and courtesy every time.
- Use more effective openings and endings – starting off right and ending correctly.
- Getting the balance right between formal and informal.
- Email etiquette – the do’s and don’ts of email sending and management at work.
- How to use the right style and tone when delivering bad news, apologising or resetting expectations.
- Editing techniques and skills practice to get your documents right first time.
- Content, objectives, planning, type and structure
- Good composing skills for emails, letter writing and good business written English
- Editing skills and proofreading techniques
- Participants work on their own real-life documents; objectively editing and proofreading working in pairs.
- Email etiquette and email best practice
- Including the ten do’s and don’ts of email sending, legal, organisational and security issues, plus rules and standards for better emails.
Other business skills writing courses include:
- Business writing skills for property professionals
- Complaint handling in writing
- Minute taking
Follow on courses
- Writing winning sales proposals
- Effective report writing
- Writing effective blogs and web content
- Writing effective sales emails